daftly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a mildly insane manner
- In this period they both made tons of movies, usually psychodramas so daftly intense they could be taken for comedies.
- In three long flashbacks they volubly oblige him, detailing her progress from innocent New England country girl to actress to burlesqued bluestocking to her present daftly .
- As a onetime vaudeville headliner reduced to the want-ad columns, a sort of daftly faithful hound for the heroines, this wonderful clown does little that is new except find his .
News & Articles
- Editor’s Choice: 'Traveling Sprinkler’ by Nicholson Baker
Traveling Sprinkler by Nicholson Baker; Blue Rider Press, 291 pages ($26.95). When last we left Paul Chowder, he was “The Anthologist” in Nicholson Baker’s daftly erudite and sparklingly eccentric novel of the same name – in other words, perhaps America’s most instransigent advocate of rhymed poetry, however minor a practitioner of it he was.
Sept. 9, 2013 - The Buffalo News