- n a member of an armed gang of robbers
- At a government guesthouse in the village of Jaura, deep in dacoit country, I talked with Jayaprakash Narayan, 69, director of the Gandhi Institute of Studies and once a .
- Over the past four years she has become her country's most notorious dacoit.
- For centuries, kings, moguls and viceroys have fulminated against dacoit leaders who holed up in this Indian counterpart of the Dakota Badlands, shrewdly cultivating a Robin Hood .
- Gulab Chand Kataria in Expressindia.com
Gurjjars posing themselves with notorious dacoit Jagan at the sit-in site in Pilupura and Dumariya villages in Bayana teshil should (know) that if they do not give up their arms and ammunition, the Army and BSF would take action against them,...
- J Jayalalithaa in Sydney Morning Herald
It is with a sense of pride and fulfilment that I wish to announce ...... the good news that the notorious forest brigand, bandit, murderer and dacoit Veerappan, along with his entire gang, has been shot dead,said Jayaram Jayalalithaa, chief...
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan in Zee News
Majority of the dacoits have been eliminated by the state police. Now there is no reward-carrying dacoit left in the region. We will sit peacefully only after making the area totally free from their clutches,Chouhan told reporters here yesterday.