dacha : Definition, Usages, News and More
- When you arrive at the dacha's faux-neoclassical gate, you have to leave your car and hop into one of the Kremlin's vehicles that slowly wind their way through a silent forest of .
- A dacha need not be grand: a peasant's hut qualifies as a dacha when one room or a veranda is rented to a summer tourist.
- Platon for PTI This may explain why there is so little visible security at Putin's dacha, Novo-Ogarevo, the grand Russian presidential retreat set inside a birch- and fir-forested .
- Stephen Poliakoff in Independent
They were starving in their dacha in the country,says Poliakoff, "because they couldn't grow any food, and a commissar of labourers broke down outside their door. He came in and said, 'Can I use the telephone?' and my grandfather showed...
- Gennady Zyuganov in Financial Times
Let Medvedev work if he is supported by Putin,said Gennady, a pensioner. "We need stability . . I have a bank account. It is collecting interest. I have a flat. I bought a dacha. Why do we need something new? We don't need anything new."