- a of or relating to or characteristic of the atmosphere around a low pressure center
cyclonic cloud pattern
- a of or relating to or characteristic of a violent tropical storm
- Under normal circumstances low pressure areas known as "cyclonic storms" (not necessarily of "cyclonic" velocity and violence) swing periodically across the land from west to .
- He had always been willing to lend his cyclonic energy to civic affairs.
- The New York Giants, with a cyclonic explosion of 20 hits, 14 of which came in the 5th and 8th innings: a ballgame with the Phillies in Philadelphia: 14 to 4.
News & Articles
- Here Comes Flossie
| UPDATE 4 p.m. MDT, 7/29/2013: I was mistaken in my first update below. I should not have been looking at water vapor. Here's an animation of GOES satellite images in the visual end of the spectrum. The center of Tropical Storm Flossie's circulation is clearly seen tracking north of the Big Island and headed toward Maui. (Look for the cyclonic pattern in the clouds.) But the Big Island may ...
July 29, 2013 - Discover
- Chakraborty in Economic Times
Here's what Fox has done, through their cyclonic perpetual emotional machine that is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: They have taken reasonable concerns about this president and this economy and turned it into full-fledged panic attack about the... Jon Stewart http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Stewart&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHJp8XQwovwBw8XO0R7E4iYpZMUfQ NBC Dallas-Fort Worth http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/television/Stewart-OReilly-Talk-Obamas-First-Year-and-Fox-News-83505097.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHVdE97vf_Jq0qa1eP1akxAFozqIQ Feb 3, 2010
24537 32888 cyclonic A large number of tigers and crocodiles have entered into India's side of the Sundarbans after being flushed out by Cyclonic Sidr that ravaged Bangladesh in November last year," Debasis Chakraborty, wildlife crusader and People for Animals...
- John Connolly in The Australian
It was cyclonic out there today,Connolly said. "It was a blizzard. Gale-force winds. You couldn't stand up on the field. We couldn't even pass the ball, so we went for 25 minutes and called it off."