cutout : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a switch that interrupts an electric circuit in the event of an overload
- n a photograph from which the background has been cut away
- n a part that is cut out or is intended to be cut out
- Three of them on a Halloween flight from New York to Miami displayed a cardboard cutout of a wrinkled witch in boots and military-type jacket with a Fly Me button.
- Hoover, who has gained 24 kg since November 2005, sees his cardboard cutout every day in his garage.
News & Articles
- Dress up your table with placemats to suit any style
Artist Lian Ng makes paper placemats with clever and charming cutout designs such as trees, safari animals, hearts and butterflies that are inspired by children's pop-up books. Mats are sold in packs of ten at www.publiqueshop.com.
June 20, 2013 - Everett Herald
- The Cricket
Sean is the movie critic and columnist for The Salt Lake Tribune. Follow him on Twitter @moviecricket. If you don't know why it's appropriate for Salt Lake City ceramic artist Randi Lile to have a life-size cardboard cutout of Patrick Swayze at her booth at the Utah Arts Festival , think about it for a second.
June 20, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Slim Figure In A Bikini For New Video
The singer looks flawless as she flaunts her new, slim figure in a black cutout bathing suit for her upcoming music video.
June 18, 2013 - HollywoodLife
- Isiah Thomas in Newsday
I wish we had a cardboard cutout of [Crawford] that we could just place out on the floor, because I know they would guard that,Thomas said. "Having him around reminds you of what you are missing."
- JD Drew in Detroit Free Press
Much of the nation worships a cardboard cutout that it calls Martin Luther King, while the Baptist preacher who lived, and breathed and bled under that name for 39 years, goes anonymous, unremarked and unknown, even though we've had a day set aside... Leonard Pitts http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Pitts&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQEjadakL8LCwX7eDEPavykJKopQ Mason City Globe Gazette http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.globegazette.com/articles/2008/01/21/latest_news/doc47951209dda01044495915.txt&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHEhb_M_ds8kOlMzamGvv45KDDWmA Jan 21, 2008
24474 32755 cutter There's no doubt there's definitely some improvements being made by the pitchers," Boston outfielder JD Drew said. "Throughout my career, it used to be a split-finger. Now it's a cutter. Everybody's kind of picking up different pitches."