curiosa : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n books on strange or unusual subjects (especially erotica)
- Maps on tissue-thin paper, which could be eaten if need be, were among the curiosa of World War II, publicly shown for the first time in New York last week.
- Their collection of native lore ran to such curiosa as the law forbidding mermaids in the River Tigris (which ran through their yard) to marry human beings.
- Main content of Hunger and History is curiosa on man's long struggle, before the Industrial Revolution, to get enough to eat.
- Billy Corgan in MTV.com
When the Cure were in Chicago for their Curiosa Tour, Robert had come by my house and we sat up all night playing guitars and shooting the whatever and so the idea came up about stuff we wanted to work on together,Corgan explained. "One...
- Carlos D in Boston Globe (registration)
We were really flattered to be asked to play Curiosa,says Interpol lead singer Carlos D. "It's the kind of thing that you never think would ever happen to you in life. For some of us it's a real head trip, like being asked by your favorite...