cube : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a hexahedron with six equal squares as faces
- n a three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides
- n the product of three equal terms
- n any of several tropical American woody plants of the genus Lonchocarpus whose roots are used locally as a fish poison and commercially as a source of rotenone
- n a block in the (approximate) shape of a cube
- v raise to the third power
- v cut into cubes
cube the cheese
- Chips off the old cube Worldwide sales of the original Rubik's Cube, the six-sided brainteaser invented by Ern Rubik, a Hungarian professor of architecture, have.
- Architecture is a profession in which the cube and sphere are still the literal building blocks.
- Architect James Stewart Polshek's simple design, a metal sphere set in a mostly glass cube, is a homage to the unbuilt ball that Etienne-Louis Boullee conceived in 1784 as a .
News & Articles
- Massive Rubik's Cube Could Travel the Globe
Those with a penchant for puzzles will be pleased to know that there's a big crowdfunding campaign in the works. Quite literally, big Liberty Science Center CEO Paul Hoffman, a friend of inventor Erno Rubik, has launched an Indiegogo project aimed at recreating the world's largest working Rubik's Cube, dubbed the " Groovik's Cube ." Originally conceived of as a low-cost model for the 2009 ...
June 19, 2013 - Mashable
- Ice Cube Pulls A Chief Keef In North Carolina
West Coast rap veteran Ice Cube is making headlines this week after reportedly being stopped in North Carolina for his tour bus going too fast and too furious. [Visit SOHH.com for more information]
June 18, 2013 - SOHH.com
- Cube Critics: 'Man of Steel,' 'This is the End,' 'Fill the Void'
The weekend is upon us and Cube Critics, Stephanie Curtis the Movie Maven and arts reporter Euan Kerr, expound on the gross-out humor of "This is the End."
June 14, 2013 - Minnesota Public Radio
- Jim Calhoun in SI.com
The 1-3-1 looked like a Rubik's cube to us,Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun said. "We were impatient. We couldn't make any 3-pointers. And when we got the ball in the paint, we didn't finish plays."
- Ben Silverman in HipHopDX
As we continue to expand our roster of diverse talent both on-camera and behind the camera, a guy like Ice Cube, who's multi-talented, is someone we really wanted to be in business with,said Ben Silverman, NBC Entertainment and Universal...
- Lennie James in International Herald Tribune
It's like doing a Rubik's Cube where you have to put all your squares in the right position before they will all fit,says James, "and sometimes you have to move them out of order to be able to work them back in. That's how you do the cube....