cruciferous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or belonging to the plant family Cruciferae
- A number of studies have linked regular consumption of cruciferous vegetables like broccoli to a reduced risk of breast, colon and stomach cancers.
- We save up all our vegetable trimmings (onion skins, butt ends and peels of carrots, celery, and so on - but not cruciferous veggies like broccoli) in a plastic bag in our freezer.
- Eat cruciferous (cabbage-family) vegetables regularly.
News & Articles
- Obama’s Favorite Food Is Broccoli and People Are Freaking Out About It
Remember when the Supreme Court debated the constitutionality of Obamacare by talking a whole lot about broccoli? It was a big day for the cruciferous vegetable. “Everybody has to buy food sooner or later,” Justice Antonin Scalia said during the oral arguments. “Therefore, you can make people buy broccoli.”
July 9, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News