- As New England patriots fans will attest, the scariest letters in sports are ACL--as in an anterior cruciate ligament tear, probably the knee injury that ended quarterback Tom .
- Girls, for reasons that are not clear, are more likely than boys to tear their anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)--a tough ribbon of tissue that holds the knee together.
- The crash went according to plan; with an awful pop, Street tore the anterior cruciate ligament.
News & Articles
- ANN ARBOR: U-M researchers work on new treatments for athletes, like Victor Martinez, recovering from knee injuries
ANN ARBOR — Striking the likes of Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose and Detroit Tigers’ Victor Martinez, tears in the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) are one of the most rampant and serious knee injuries among athletes.
June 22, 2013 - Ann Arbor Journal
- Florida State loses TE Haplea to knee injury
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida State tight end Kevin Haplea will miss the upcoming season after injuring his right knee during an offseason workout. Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher says in a statement that coaches learned early Thursday that Haplea had torn his anterior cruciate ligament. Haplea played 13 games for the Seminoles last season after transferring in August from Penn State. He was ...
June 21, 2013 - Boston Herald
- LATEST NEWS
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland Thorns midfielder Becky Edwards will miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee.
June 20, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Roy Hodgson in Chicago Tribune
Clint will be scanned [Monday], but we feel it might be a posterior cruciate knee ligament, which would be very bad for us,Fulham manager Roy Hodgson said.
- Arsene Wenger in guardian.co.uk
The scan [on Friday] was reassuring,Wenger said. "We will have another scan to see if that is confirmed. We were a little bit worried about cartilage or even the cruciate but there was none of that."
- Roy Keane in BBC Sport
It looks as though Deano will need surgery in a couple of weeks,manager Roy Keane told the club website. "It looks like it's a cruciate so that would rule him out for six or seven months. It's a bitter blow. We're missing his leadership...