crosspiece : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a horizontal beam that extends across something
- n a transverse brace
- From each platform rose two heavy beams, supporting a heavy crosspiece with a hook for the rope in the middle.
- George VI of England gave "the steel-hearted citizens of Stalingrad" a four-foot, two-handed sword with a double-edged blade, a chased silver crosspiece, a grip wrapped in 18 .
- Carefully calculating the height of the crosspiece, Sabin Carr of Yale walked down the cinder path, turned, began trotting with his bamboo shaft poised like a phalanx spearman .
News & Articles
- We've Got Issues, But Connecticut's Not Texas
On Wednesday, the rainbow gay pride flag flew at the governor's residence by order Gov. Dannel P. Malloy. The flagpole is shaped like a lower case "t" with the American flag at the top. The gay flag flew from one end of the lower crosspiece. On the other end was the official Connecticut Lotto flag that says "Have you played today?"
June 29, 2013 - Hartford Courant