crossover : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the interchange of sections between pairing homologous chromosomes during the prophase of meiosis
- n a voter who is registered as a member of one political party but who votes in the primary of another party
- n the appropriation of a new style (especially in popular music) by combining elements of different genres in order to appeal to a wider audience
a jazz-classical crossover album
- n a path (often marked) where something (as a street or railroad) can be crossed to get from one side to the other
- GM's new line includes a muscle car, a hybrid pickup, several crossover vehicles and the battery-powered Volt.
- General Motors 2010 models include a muscle car (the Camaro), a hybrid pickup, several crossover vehicles and the battery-powered Volt Now GM's recovery will rest on its ability .
- The crossover segment, where vehicles are lighter and more fuel-efficient than traditional SUVs and not as dowdy as minivans, has grown in recent years, but the previous version of .
News & Articles
- VW mum on prospects for Tenn. plant expansion
Volkswagen calls its Chattanooga plant a global model for energy conservation and efficient production. But executives remain tightlipped about whether the facility is in line to produce a new crossover ...
June 23, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- INSIDE AUTO: Next-generation 2014 Acura MDX pushes its pluses even further
Newberg, Ore. – Acura’s luxury seven-passenger crossover, the MDX has always somewhat set the standard of driving capability for this class. The new third-generation MDX is no different.
June 23, 2013 - The News-Herald
- VW mum on prospects for Tennessee plant expansion
Volkswagen calls its Chattanooga plant a global model for energy conservation and efficient production. But executives remain tightlipped about whether the facility is in line to produce a new crossover SUV for the German automaker.
June 23, 2013 - Detroit News
- Brian France in Forbes
We like to have a free market where everybody can compete,France said. "You could make an argument that we have a lot more crossover than we ever have, and maybe we have to look at that. But the ideal way to do it is to get more talented...
- Miranda Lambert in ABC News
Whatever their stereotype of country was before, they can't say that now because we have just so much crossover appeal,Lambert said.
- Anthony Kennedy in International Herald Tribune
Kennedy said that, absent prohibitions like North Carolina's rule against crossing county lines, "states that wish to draw crossover districts are free to do so."