cross-legged : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r with the legs crossed
he sat on the floor cross-legged and meditated
- All around the room, big kids sit knees to chest in miniature chairs or cross-legged on the alphabet carpet.
- So said comely, blue-eyed Zdenek Koubek last week, through an interpreter, as he sat cross-legged on the deck of the lie de France.
- On June 11, 1963, Buddhist monk Thich Quang Duc sat down cross-legged in the middle of a busy street in Saigon, his robes soaked in fuel, and set fire to himself; his body was .
News & Articles
- MANCHESTER: District library opens summer reading program
The 70 children who crammed cross-legged between the shelves of the juvenile section of the Manchester District Library on Friday, June 7, stared in stupefaction at the zigzagging yo-yos of Dr. Zeemo.
June 11, 2013 - The Manchester Enterprise
- Traditional footwear thrives in Iraqi Kurdish town
Halabja, Iraq (AFP) June 11, 2013 Between pots of glue and scraps of cotton, Bahjat Majeed sits cross-legged in his tiny workshop, putting the final touches on a pair of handmade shoes traditionally crafted in his hometown of Halabja. The meticulously-crafted "klash", which trace their roots back several hundred years, remain a key feature of Kurdish culture even as the three-province autonomous ...
June 11, 2013 - Space War
- Tim Finchem in Golfweek.com
I am here today,Finchem told a crowd of what looked like 15,000 Vijay Singhs and a few Camilo Villegas's (remember, this is a dream), "to announce that, after much thought and contemplation while sitting cross-legged in the middle of the 17th...
- Nic Harcourt in Los Angeles Times
One of the most amazing moments for me was sitting in there with him three or four years ago with his daughter, Anoushka,Harcourt, 49, says. "I was sitting on the floor cross-legged, just watching him. When you sit with people like him or...
- Norah Jones in Hindustan Times
And you have to sit cross-legged. See, that ain't cool! I can't imagine doing a world tour cross-legged,Norah added.