crimp : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an angular or rounded shape made by folding
- n someone who tricks or coerces men into service as sailors or soldiers
- n a lock of hair that has been artificially waved or curled
- v make ridges into by pinching together
- v curl tightly
- Will the Cuntrera-Caruana bust do much to crimp global drug trafficking and money laundering? Not as much as officials hope, say experts like Eduardo Gamarra of Florida .
- That in turn will stifle consumer spending and crimp investment in companies, leading to production cuts and job losses.
- But the revelation that his Administration has been spying in this country without warrants--illegally, critics say--may have put a crimp in Bush's plan to climb back on top of the .
News & Articles
- Chinese Interbank Markets Having a Heart Attack, Repo and Shibor Skyrocket, Could Trigger Bigger Unraveling
The Chinese central bank is playing very high stakes poker. China's interbank markets have been highly stressed for the last two days. An effort by the central bank to tighten in order to put a crimp on shadow banking activities looks to be spiraling out of control as one-week repo rates hit nearly 8.3% up 144 basis points in a day, and one-week Shibor has risen from its June 5 level of 4.8% to ...
June 20, 2013 - Naked Capitalism
- Police bust ring of alleged catalytic converter thieves
STOCKTON - A speeding-car investigation Monday evening led police to a north Stockton home where they discovered 37 stolen, high-value catalytic converters and a loaded handgun. The result was five arrests that could possibly put a crimp in the explosion...
June 19, 2013 - The Stockton Record
- M16 Connectors are available with crimp termination.
To provide more options for factory production as well as increase productivity via simplified assembly, IP67-rated Series 423/723 and IP40-rated Series 581 and 680 are available with crimp termination. Options are available for each series, including straight and right-angle cable connectors and mating front- and rear-mount receptacles. Male and female connectors are offered in 4-, 5-, 6-, 7 ...
June 18, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Don Manzullo in Milwaukee Business Journal
Increasing fees on small business borrowers and lenders -- particularly as interest rates are rising again -- would throw another hurdle in front of our job-creating entrepreneurs and crimp our national economic recovery,says Rep. Don...
- JP Morgan in IndUS Business Journal
The moderation in exports, small business output, and real estate related activity could crimp urban consumer spending as employment and household income growth slackens,JPMorgan said in the Nov. 17 research note.
- Ken Stabler in Tuscaloosa News (subscription)
This is an area that has been exceptionally strong and perhaps overheated - it's like having Singapore plonked into the middle of our country. It's probably not enough to turn into a wider recession but a serious crimp in growth in the City would... Richard Lambert http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Lambert&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHIvEEuyESsy2MS3nnNW-m6jGk0Cg Telegraph.co.uk http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml%3Fxml%3D/money/2007/08/19/cnchill119.xml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGME2vdmSPt4FrCeZmNUfWNRKG9yA Aug 18, 2007
23575 31577 crimson It is with much regret that I will not be part of Crimson Tide football broadcasts this coming year," Stabler said in the release, "but there are matters in my personal life that demand my full attention at this time."