crevice : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a long narrow depression in a surface
- n a long narrow opening
- During three days of hiking, crevice dangling and climbing, glacierologist Sylvain Coutterand, mountain guide Christophe Profit, photographer Pascal Tournaire and I were struck by .
- Following Jewish tradition, Obama donned a yarmulke and went to the Western Wall, Judaism's holiest site, where shortly before dawn on Thursday he stuffed his prayer into a crevice .
- With just enough space to admit them, three men snaked down into the crevice, hanging on to steel stringers, 18 feet to black water.
News & Articles
- Hanover group asks donations for Patrick Henry statue
Local Patrick Henry enthusiasts say they’ve searched just about every crevice in Hanover County and reached a surprising conclusion: There are no life-size statues to memorialize Virginia’s first post
June 19, 2013 - Richmond Times-Dispatch
- 'Hard Knocks' Gives off-the-Radar Bengals the National Spotlight
It was revealed over the weekend that the Cincinnati Bengals will be reprising their turn on the HBO NFL -reality series, 'Hard Knocks,' for the second time in five years. Though many teams opt not to allow the cameras to infiltrate every crevice of their training camp and preseason, fearing it gives opponents a competitive advantage and exposes too much of the team's most secretive plans, the ...
June 17, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Grad success
Bryan Lopez tucked himself into a crevice under the bridge at Independent Park, his eyes fixed for a moment on the downpour of rain throbbing beside him.
June 17, 2013 - Laredo Morning Times
- Seth Green in Ninemsn
It has a perfect rock climber's crevice,Green said. "Then, when I got really close to it, what I thought was reflective metal pieces was actually very small and porous tiles so I thought: 'Cool, I'll be up this in 10 seconds'. I gave my...
- Charlie Crist in The Ledger
Earlier this month, Crist said the companies "will come up every crack and crevice they can contemplate to rip more money from the pockets of our people."
- Robert Byrd in Enterprise News
As Sen. Robert Byrd said: "The incessant money chase that currently permeates every crevice of our political system is like an unending circular marathon. And it is a race that sends a clear message to people that it is money, money, money - not...