crater : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a bowl-shaped geological formation at the top of a volcano
- n a faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near Hydra and Corvus
- n a bowl-shaped depression formed by the impact of a meteorite or bomb
- The resulting blast produced a crater 60 miles across and at least two miles deep; it hurled pulverized debris hundreds of miles in all directions.
- Among the unknown creatures all living inside the crater of the extinct volcano Mount Bosavi was a giant rat that measured 32.
- From ground level the crater is not impressive.
News & Articles
- Davidson grad earns Bronze Star
In a split second, the night was shattered by an improvised explosive device that violently catapulted John "Jack" Crowley into a crater the blast had created.
June 12, 2013 - This Week Hilliard
- Walmart is hiring
Walmart wants to hire about 200 workers for its super center on Crater Lake Highway. Those that are interested should go to the Walmart Hiring Center at 815 Oakdale. The center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
June 11, 2013 - KTVL Medford
- 'One giant leap' toward a NASA Armstrong center?
Neil Armstrong's name is attached to a lunar crater, an asteroid, more than a dozen schools and a museum, but not a single NASA facility is christened in honor of the man whose "giant leap" made him the first to walk on the moon. But all that could soon change.
June 10, 2013 - Fox News
- President Bush in USA Today
I'm a free market guy,Bush said. "But I'm not going to let this economy crater in order to preserve the free market system. So we made a lot of very strong moves and it's been painful for a lot of people, particularly because, you know,...
- Andrew Cuomo in USA Today
Morgan Stanley and Mr. Mack have taken a smart and prudent first step,Cuomo said in a statement made before the Merrill Lynch announcement. "American taxpayers have seen their investments crater while simultaneously having to fund the Wall...
- Steve Squyres in BBC News
We may not get there, but it is scientifically the right direction to go anyway,said Steve Squyres of Cornell University, principal investigator for the science instruments on Opportunity and Spirit. "This crater is staggeringly large...