- n a risky and uncertain venture
getting admitted to the college of your choice has become a crapshoot
- n playing craps
- Requesting a particular song on Pandora, say, is always a crapshoot, but on Imeem you can immediately start listening to most any title you type in.
- Says Russell: "It's a total crapshoot.
- Einstein could never accept that the universe was at its heart a cosmic crapshoot, so that today his papers on unified field theory seem hopelessly archaic.
News & Articles
- Matt Flynn Isn’t the First Unused Quarterback Traded to Start
COMMENTARY | Criticize a leader's inexperience all you want, but the end-results are what will matter, and this holds true for NFL signal callers. Teams are increasingly willing to push unseasoned quarterbacks into the frying pan, although the science of unearthing a star is still a crapshoot, if the current league landscape is any inclination.
June 13, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- 2013 MLB Draft Results: Teams That Drafted the Highest Upside in Early Rounds
Every amateur draft is a crapshoot , but the MLB 's parlous version puts the NFL's and NBA's versions to shame. Bigger, longer and far less marketable to advertisers, the MLB Draft is the riskiest proposition because unlike other leagues, it allows for high school players to be selected. The infusion of prospects makes baseball scouting more difficult and more important at the same time. These ...
June 9, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Will Ferrell in E! Online
Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for you, man,Ferrell said. "But this whole thing's a crapshoot at best."
- Katherine Heigl in Huffington Post (blog)
Heigl says she doesn't have any "grand illusions about marriage. I think it's a crapshoot. The odds are really bad, especially in this town. But I have a lot of faith in Josh, and I wanted to have that one day when I stand in front of my friends and...
- Clint Bowyer in msnbc.com
We've missed out on opportunities,Bowyer said. "We've had 'em. Seems like at the end of these races, it's a crapshoot on whether to take two, no tires, four tires, what's going to win the race. We just haven't been able to find that right...