- n a thin crisp wafer made of flour and water with or without leavening and shortening; unsweetened or semisweet
- n a poor White person in the southern United States
- n a programmer who cracks (gains unauthorized access to) computers, typically to do malicious things
crackers are often mistakenly called hackers
- n firework consisting of a small explosive charge and fuse in a heavy paper casing
- n a party favor consisting of a paper roll (usually containing candy or a small favor) that pops when pulled at both ends
- Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack, .
- Friends and relatives roll their eyes when he breaks into one of his favorite campaign ditties: "I'm a Florida cracker, I'm a Graham cracker.
- Oh, that old cracker-barrel guy, you may say.
News & Articles
- A Scary New Wave of Bullying: Picking on Kids With Food Allergies
When Scott Gordin was nine years old, a classmate rubbed peanut butter cracker crumbs through his hair. When Owen Kellogg was a kindergartener, another boy at school threatened to force him to eat a peanut. As isolated incidents of bullying, these acts may simply seem rude and obnoxious, but for the 5.9 million U.S. kids living with a life-threatening food allergy, such stories—where food is ...
June 18, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Cracker rocks the park during Whittle the Wood festivities in Craig
Cracker packed the Loudy-Simpson Park on Saturday in a rocking send-off to this year's Whittle the Wood Rendezvous.
June 16, 2013 - Craig Daily Press
- Cracker Barrel will have to wait to learn fate of grocery market plan
It will be at least another week before Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc. learns whether it will be blocked, at least temporarily, from entering the grocery market. A hearing on the issue ran out of time Wednesday, and will resume June 19 in Chicago, a federal judge said.
June 13, 2013 - The Tennessean
- Ron Wood in Independent
They wanted me to be Uncle Ron the safe cracker,Wood said yesterday on Virgin Radio. "But I saw Roger do a guest appearance. He said it was all too much. No time to rehearse and he had to play five parts. I said no, I don't really want to...
- Steven Gerrard in Independent
Fernando is frightening. From the opening home game of the season to Chelsea, when he scored a cracker, he has been consistent all the way,said Gerrard. "He got off to a good start then and now he has hit 18 Premier League goals, the first...
- John Kosmina in Sydney Morning Herald
Asked whether Santalab had given him food for thought, Kosmina replied: "That's why he's there. It's funny, he scored a cracker against Adelaide last year. He was out for 11 or 12 weeks with a thigh strain, so I think he's proved his thigh's...