- n any of numerous varieties of crab apples cultivated for their small acidic (usually bright red) fruit used for preserves or as ornamentals for their blossoms
- n any of numerous wild apple trees usually with small acidic fruit
- n small sour apple; suitable for preserving
crabapples make a tangy jelly
- A couple of evenings before, he says, he had picked a branch of crabapple blossoms for Rosalynn.
- At its best, Frost's crabapple-tart verse distills into the pure liquor of lyric poetry.
News & Articles
- Chelan County gets dollars for apple-maggot study, eradication
WENATCHEE — One young college student and one recent grad will have the dubious task in the coming months of asking select Wenatchee property owners to get rid of their hawthorn, apple and crabapple trees for the greater good of the region’s orchardists. And they’ll have a little money to spread around to sweeten the kitty.
June 13, 2013 - The Wenatchee World