- r with jealousy; in an envious manner
- r in a greedy manner
- Central Asian countries also sit atop a significant chunk of the world's untapped oil and natural gas reserves, assets that are eyed covetously by both neighboring Russia and China .
- For more than a year, outside interests have been covetously eying the Zimbalist block.
- Last week he signed a 13-to-18-week contract with NBC making him the first Negro to enjoy what the trade covetously calls "the Gleason treatment.
News & Articles
- Cities, towns eye rainy day fund windfall
Changes in federal tax law and other one-time state revenue windfalls have pushed more than a half-billion dollars into state coffers with more likely before fiscal 2013 ends June 30 — and Bay State cities and towns are eyeing it covetously. “No one can quarrel with putting money aside for a future rainy day, but conversely this money can help support a $300 million roads program for every ...
June 19, 2013 - Boston Herald