- n elegance suggestive of a royal court
- Georgiana Spencer (Keira Knightley) was a mere 17 years old when the Duke of Devonshire (Ralph Fiennes) began courting her not that the ways of courtliness were among His Grace .
- Uncombed hair and flannel shirts cried out for a counterattack of sharp dressing and flip courtliness with women.
- Kind words and an old-fashioned European courtliness are both part of the Begin style.
- Harry Shearer in San Francisco Chronicle
The phrase carries a "weird touch of courtliness in a savage business. `Would you be so kind just to perhaps merely consider our humble work as worthy of your attention,'" said Shearer, slipping into a haughty British accent. "And what they...
- Graydon Carter in New York Daily News
Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter, who coproduced the movie, agreed: "Underneath his craziness, he was a Southern gentleman. He had a courtliness that I totally fell for."