courthouse : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a government building that houses the offices of a county government
- n a building that houses judicial courts
- Otherwise, the theatrical trial that will go to the jury in Manhattan's federal courthouse this week could have been packaged as a prime-time mini-series.
- For their part, judges Mekky and Bastawissi refused to enter the courthouse in protest.
- For 100 years Negroes walked soft and spoke low around Alabama's Montgomery County courthouse.
News & Articles
- Courthouse statue gets cleaning
The Hiker, a statue that has graced the north lawn of the Lucas County Courthouse for nearly a century, is getting its boots shined.
June 12, 2013 - The Toledo Blade
- COURTHOUSE ATTACK: Man Pleads Guilty
A Mason City man is pleading guilty to attacking two Story County Attorneys at the courthouse earlier this year. Major...
June 12, 2013 - WHO-TV 13 Des Moines
- Newton County Courthouse opening delayed after bomb threat received; no explosive device found
County employees and residents were kept away from the Newton County Courthouse on Tuesday morning as authorities made a search after a bomb threat. Sheriff Ken Copeland said a call came to the dispatch center at the sheriff’s office about 5:45 a.m. He said a male caller said a bomb was in the courthouse and would explode at 9 a.m.
June 12, 2013 - The Joplin Globe