courser : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a huntsman who hunts small animals with fast dogs that use sight rather than scent to follow their prey
- n formerly a strong swift horse ridden into battle
- n a dog trained for coursing
- n swift-footed terrestrial plover-like bird of southern Asia and Africa; related to the pratincoles
- When people heard that "Oh, Dear," slim-legged courser of the Prince of Wales, had died of heart failure while making a jump (see COMMONWEALTH), they realized with vicarious.
- Most remarkable single fact about this strange race: when the running gets hottest, the leading courser is almost invariably mounted by a tiny, leathery, ascetic man in a white .
- For a man who had once stopped a tank advance to observe a rare cream-colored courser in flight, the choice was easy.
- Joe Biden in The Union Leader
Biden contended that the "serious press" has already concluded that neither Obama nor Edwards is "the courser that can carry the sleigh to beat Hillary. Everybody's looking for somebody as an alternative," Biden said. "I think I'm going to...