counterfire : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n fire intended to neutralize or destroy enemy weapons
- Ngo Dinh Diem, long criticized for pacifism and procrastination, first ordered counterfire against the Binh Xuyen defenses.
- The Administration, however, will not be without material for counterfire.
- By last year, such council gospel had drawn so much Congregational counterfire (PTI, March 17, 1952) that a nine-man committee was set up to investigate it.
News & Articles
- U.S. Army Awards Lockheed Martin contract for Counterfire Radar Production
Syracuse, NY (SPX) Sep 10, 2013 The U.S. Army awarded Lockheed Martin $206 million in additional orders for the AN/TPQ-53 (Q-53), a long-range counterfire radar that provides soldiers with enhanced 360-degree protection from indirect fire. This contract is for 19 Q-53 systems, formerly designated as EQ-36. To date Lockheed Martin has delivered 32 initial production systems to the U.S. Army and ...
Sept. 10, 2013 - Space War