coulomb : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a unit of electrical charge equal to the amount of charge transferred by a current of 1 ampere in 1 second
- n French physicist famous for his discoveries in the field of electricity and magnetism; formulated Coulomb's Law (1736-1806)
- Some other scientific words (besides watt and ampere) from the names of great pioneers: ohm, coulomb, gauss, henry, maxwell, gilbert, volt (from Volta), galvanize (from Galvani .
News & Articles
- Cosmology in the lab using laser-cooled ions
( Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) ) The principle of symmetry and its disturbance can definitely be investigated under controlled laboratory conditions. For this purpose, scientists from the Excellence Cluster QUEST at the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt used laser-cooled ions in so-called "ion Coulomb crystals." They were able to show for the first time how symmetry breaking ...
Aug. 12, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Chuck Reed in Business Wire (press release)
Through an innovative partnership with Coulomb Technologies, San Jose is demonstrating environmental leadership and fostering the growth of our clean tech businesses,said Mayor Chuck Reed. "Our goal is to be the first city in the United...