- v dress in a costume
- v furnish with costumes; as for a film or play
- s dressed in clothing characteristic of a period, country, or class
- In Spain, costumed debt collectors embarrass borrowers into paying back the money they owe.
- There are then cricket, fireworks, a parade of crews costumed as 18th Century sailors, and from the river the sounds of the famed Eton Boating Song.
- You arrive at your posh hotel, and an overly costumed valet grabs the bag, carries it all of 50 yards to reception and bids you good day.
News & Articles
- 50 shades of orange
More than 400 costumed and curious citizens gathered at Tricky Falls on June 5 for a night featuring glass eating, burlesque, bondage and industrial music. The DV8 Fetish Ball brought local and ...
June 18, 2013 - The Prospector
- 'Man of Steel' offers a new generation its own, brooding, Superman (+video)
To each American generation, its Superman. But will audiences get what they need from another spandex-clad, costumed, immigrant superhero in this summer's 'Man of Steel'?
June 14, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- 'Man of Steel' offers a new generation its own, brooding, Superman
As the new Superman movie “Man of Steel” prepares to land in theaters this weekend, it’s easy to wonder if, indeed, audiences really need yet another spandex-clad, costumed superhero in a big budget summer movie.
June 14, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Carla Gugino in Comics2Film
I start at 25 years old in the 1940s, and I age to 67 years old with full prosthetics in the 1980s. [Sally] is a larger-than-life character. She'sa costumed crime fighter, but her idea of a costume is very Bettie Page-meets-[Alberto] Vargas,...
- Chip Davis in Emediawire (press release)
Mannheim Steamroller composer Chip Davis says, "Halloween is one of our greatest holidays, but there really isn't much music associated with it. I have a huge Halloween party on my farm every year that includes hayrack rides and costumed characters....