- a pertaining to the branch of astronomy dealing with the origin and history and structure and dynamics of the universe
- a pertaining to the branch of philosophy dealing with the elements and laws and especially the characteristics of the universe such as space and time and causality
a cosmological argument is an argument that the universe demands the admission of an adequate external cause which is God
- ALBERT EINSTEIN when: 1916 what he did: Introduced the "cosmological constant," a form of antigravity, to make general relativity agree with a cosmos that seemed not to be .
- For those who go in for cosmological conjunctions, it was a perfect week for an apocalypse.
- Called the cosmological constant, it amounted to a force that opposed gravity and propped up the universe.
News & Articles
- Prehistoric Rock Art In The Appalachian Mountains Maps Cosmological Belief
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Perhaps the most widespread and oldest art in the US, prehistoric rock art can be found throughout the Appalachian Mountains . A new study led by University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK) anthropology professor Jan Simek reveals that each engraving or drawing is strategically placed to reveal a cosmological puzzle. As the discoveries of ...
June 20, 2013 - redOrbit
- Was prehistoric rock art strategically placed to reveal a cosmological puzzle?
Recently, the discoveries of prehistoric rock art have become more common. With these discoveries, according to one researcher, comes a single giant one -- all these drawing and engravings map the prehistoric peoples' cosmological world.
June 20, 2013 - Science Daily
- University of Tennessee professor finds prehistoric rock art connected; maps cosmological belief
( University of Tennessee at Knoxville ) Recently, the discoveries of prehistoric rock art have become more common. With these discoveries comes a single giant one by a University of Tennessee professor -- all these drawing and engravings map the prehistoric peoples' cosmological world.
June 19, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Abhay Ashtekar in PhysOrg.com
Using quantum modifications of Einstein's cosmological equations, we have shown that in place of a classical Big Bang there is in fact a quantum Bounce,says Ashtekar. "We were so surprised by the finding that there is another classical,...
- Daniel in State College News
The cosmological measurements in SDSS-III could rewrite fundamental physics, either pinning down the properties of an exotic form of energy that fills the universe or showing that Einstein's theory of gravity fails at cosmological distances,...
- David Stuart in Mongabay.com
It's enigmatic, but emphasizes his cosmological role within the larger creation myth represented,Stuart said.