- n a noncommissioned officer in the Army or Air Force or Marines
- s affecting or characteristic of the body as opposed to the mind or spirit
a corporal defect
- s possessing or existing in bodily form
what seemed corporal melted as breath into the wind"- Shakespeare
- New data from a leading researcher of corporal punishment adds to the evidence that any benefit of spanking is far outweighed by its cognitive and emotional costs.
- The death of an 11-year old girl re-opens the controversy over corporal punishment in India's immense and unmanageable school system.
- Why was a lance corporal left behind in the desert?.
- Henry Waxman in International Herald Tribune
Committee Chairman Henry Waxman wrote Friday to White House Counsel Fred Fielding requesting "all documents received or generated by any official in the Executive Office of the President ...... that relate to Corporal Tillman."
- President Bush in 49abcnews.com
The loss of the Army Corporal Pat Tillman last week in Afghanistan brought home the sorrow that comes with every loss and reminds us of the character of the men and women who serve on our behalf,said President Bush.
- Peter MacKay in Island Crisis (blog)
We grieve the loss of Master Corporal Kristal Giesebrecht and Private Andrew Miller who died yesterday in Afghanistan. These soldiers were killed by an improvised explosive device while on patrol in Southern Kandahar,said Minister of National...