cornpone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n cornbread often made without milk or eggs and baked or fried (southern)
- The irresistible cornpone of a celebrity skate-off, it turns out, is not that different from the irresistible cornpone of a legitimate skating match.
- Oklahoma!, cornpone revolutionizer of the musical, was playing nearby, and Carousel was about to open.
- Buddies Joe Lieberman and Lindsey Graham: "Their strong opinions, Borscht Belt and cornpone jokes, and bumptious influence sometimes sent the campaign and the candidate off the .
News & Articles
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' is back for second season, butter and all
Set in tiny McIntyre, Ga., the show continues to plunder Southern and rural stereotypes. On a hand-painted sign, "Peaches" is spelled "Peches" (proof that Southerners can't read or write). The soundtrack is larded with cornpone country music. And to reinforce the notion that this is an alien culture whose spoken tongue is unintelligible, the dialogue is often subtitled.
July 17, 2013 - The Oregonian