- ABUELITA'S EMPANADAS Crispy cornmeal filled with beef, onion and tomato makes these an authentic find in the frozen-food aisle.
- The technique is to force-feed ducks with cornmeal through a tube put down their throats several times a day, causing their livers to enlarge.
- I fry up some trout rolled in cornmeal and flour in a mess of pig fat: awesome crisp on the outside and soft and buttery inside.
News & Articles
- Freeze-dried corn powder gives polenta a kick
Polenta — I May Be Doing it Wrong.This was the subject line of an email we received a couple of months ago, from a reader who wanted to know why her cornmeal porridge always "seems to turn out bland and somewhat uninteresting." "I've tried a couple different preparations so far (sliced and baked, mush under stew)," the reader explained, "but I'm just not a fan."
June 11, 2013 - The Columbian
- Dolly Parton in Knoxville News Sentinel (subscription)
Daddy paid him with a sack of cornmeal,Parton told the crowd, "and I've always joked that I've been raking in the dough ever since."
- Nora Ephron in Los Angeles Times
Writing in the New Yorker in 2002, critic Nora Ephron praised the sandwich as the finest in the world and "in short, a work of art." "The rye bread, faintly sour, perfumed with caraway seeds, lightly dusted with cornmeal, is as good as any...
- Michael Wines in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Bread, sugar and cornmeal, staples of every Zimbabwean's diet, have vanished, seized by mobs who denuded stores like locusts in wheat fields,reported Wines. "Meat is virtually nonexistent, even for members of the middle class who have...