- n a decorative framework to conceal curtain fixtures at the top of a window casing
- n a molding at the corner between the ceiling and the top of a wall
- n the topmost projecting part of an entablature
- v furnish with a cornice
- For example, she is now the 76th name to be added to the "cornice of fame" at the National Stadium in the Peruvian capital Lima the 39th woman to receive the honor.
- A lengthy inscription runs across the double cornice that trumpets Federico's unrivaled beneficence and undefeated record in battle.
- When a ritzy Manhattan apartment building removed the nest of a red-tailed hawk, Pale Male, and his mate from a window cornice, angry protests ensued.
News & Articles
- Blinded by the White: After $10 M. Renovation, Newly Limestoned 45 East 74th Asks $30 M.
White limestone: for when you really want to make a statement. There are renovations, and then there's 45 East 74th Street . Originally built in 1879, the Upper East Side townhouse was tragically disfigured in the 1950s by a renovation that removed its stoop, stripped it of its cornice, clad it in boring red brick and punched holes in its lackluster façade for air conditioning units. But after ...
June 11, 2013 - The New York Observer