cornerback : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a defensive football player stationed outside the linebackers
- Perhaps his quantum leap over a UCLA cornerback, legs split high in the air la Michael Jordan, finished with a flip into the end zone like a Hollywood stuntman?.
- It would be like trying to pretend that a defensive end could play cornerback.
- His last fling sailed right into the hands of Giants cornerback Corey Webster, setting up New York's shocking win.
News & Articles
- NFL Star Darrelle Revis Hoping To Inspire Kids At Youth Football Camp
NFL cornerback Darrelle Revis, of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, addressed 130 boys and girls on the Aliquippa High School football field, where he was a star player.
June 19, 2013 - CBS Pittsburgh
- Falcons fast-track Trufant, Alford at cornerback
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga -- The Atlanta Falcons' top draft picks, cornerbacks Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford, are being thrown into the proverbial football frying pan.
June 19, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner: ‘I’d put my hands around Jim Harbaugh’s neck’
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner took exception to recent comments San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh made when he was asked about the Seahawks suspensions stemming from players using performance enhancing drugs.
June 15, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Bill Belichick in SI.com
Adding a cornerback with Fernando's experience and production is a good opportunity for us,Patriots coach Bill Belichick said.
- Charlie Weis in International Herald Tribune
Fortunately, cornerback is a position of strength on our team and this will provide opportunities for increased playing time for our corners,Weis said.