- n cotton trousers made of corduroy cloth
- n a line made of twisted fibers or threads
- n a unit of amount of wood cut for burning; 128 cubic feet
- n a light insulated conductor for household use
- n a cut pile fabric with vertical ribs; usually made of cotton
- v stack in cords
- v bind or tie with a cord
- After all, researchers have been injecting stem cells into paralyzed rats and watching their spinal cords mend.
- Senator Thomas Coleman du Pont of Delaware, last week invalid at the Manhattan Eye, Ear Throat Hospital, has had his vocal cords cut out.
- In 2001's cult hit Dance Dance Revolution, players stomped on a dance mat in time to the beat; this sequel exercises your vocal cords via a plugged-in microphone.
News & Articles
- Five puppies mutilated, dumped in a dumpster while still alive
In York County, the SPCA is investigating after five puppies were found mutilated and near death in a dumpster. According to the York Daily Record, the puppies looked like pit bulls, they still had their umbilical cords attached and their legs were missing. Humane officers say it does not look like a human cut the legs off, rather an attack from another dog. The puppies were in such horrific ...
June 13, 2013 - WHP CBS 21 Harrisburg
- Burges High School seniors upset over school's graduation cords, medal policy
Seniors graduating Wednesday from Burges High School are upset about the school's policy regarding cords and medals. Students said the school is not allowing seniors to wear cords or medals they earned through hard work and involvement in extracurricular activities. According to students, they are only allowed to wear cords earned from the National Honor Society, Dual Credit and other recognized ...
June 12, 2013 - KFOX 14 El Paso
- 2013 Lincoln MKZ Recalled For Electrical Shock Risk
Ford is conducting a voluntary safety recall of certain 2013 model year Lincoln MKZ luxury cars to fix an issue with electrical cords that could result in electrical shock. A notice on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website lists the number of vehicles potentially affected by the recall at 107. Affected vehicles are...
June 11, 2013 - The Car Connection
- John Adams in NewsMax.com
As John Adams said: "We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes...
- Randy Shannon in Seattle Times
If I was like Charlie, getting surgery or something like that, I wouldn't be downstairs because you're going to get injured,Shannon said. "There's so many things coming at you, cords on the ground, it's a way of getting hurt even worse."
- Tony Stewart in High Point Enterprise (subscription)
We were able to run almost 30 laps (during testing) and still not even be down to the cords and the tires, so I'm very confident that with a full field here that there shouldn't be any issues at all,Stewart said. "You obviously can't...