cordovan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a fine leather originally made in Cordoba, Spain
- The shoe material is made in two or three layers: outside is a polyvinyl chloride film that can be treated to look like any leather, from cordovan to suede; next is either a layer .
- But drop a blindfolded man into the middle of a place that whiffs of tanned calfskin, saddle soap and cordovan polish.
- This stupendous decorative work, done in gold, silver and platinum on a turquoise groundwhich was itself painted over ancient paneling of cordovan leather, reputedly salvaged .
News & Articles
- Spanish jewelry org. makes international push
The Cordoba Province Jewellers, Silversmiths and Watchmakers Association (San Eloy) has organized its inaugural International Meeting of Jewellery, which aims to introduce Cordovan jewelers to the world and pique international interest in their pieces.
Aug. 1, 2013 - National Jeweler