- Like proud and coquettish students at a prom, each has been eyeing the other, hoping for an invitation to dance.
- Fierce in a battle with eight soldiers, coquettish as she bathes before the enrapt Jin, Zhang is charisma incarnate.
- It was an era of religious turmoil, fomented by coquettish Lady Anne Boleyn lobbying for her King to annul his marriage to his first wife, Catherine.
News & Articles
- Images and observations at the start of summer
Summer does not arrive at her seasonal cycle as an infant; she is a lady already grown mature and coquettish when nature coronates her to begin her quarter-year reign over earth.
June 22, 2013 - The Ledger Independent
- Annabel Goldie in Telegraph.co.uk
Annabel Goldie, the Scottish Conservatives leader, said: "The First Minister's Downing Street dancing partner is nothing if not coquettish."
- Marc Jacobs in News24
Marc Jacobs, Vuitton's artistic director, said Johansson represented someone "young and fresh and slightly coquettish, with gorgeous skin and a figure made to wear bustier dresses and gold-heeled shoes".
- O Henry in commercialappeal.com (subscription)
In his short story "The Enchanted Kiss," Porter/O. Henry described the lure of the Chili Queens and their bubbling concoction for a local drugstore clerk: "Drawn by the coquettish senoritas, the music of the weird Spanish minstrels and the...