coptic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the liturgical language of the Coptic Church used in Egypt and Ethiopia; written in the Greek alphabet
- a of or relating to the Copts or their church or language or art
News & Articles
- Board denies plan to relocate Coptic church to South Brunswick
By KATHY CHANG Staff Writer SOUTH BRUNSWICK — The Queen St. Mary & Prince Tadros Coptic Orthodox Church will have to find a new home. In a 7-0 vote on June 6, the township Zoning Board of Adjustment denied an application for preliminary and final site plan approval for the church, citing traffic and environmental concerns. read more
June 11, 2013 - North South Brunswick Sentinel
- Egyptian Christian teacher convicted of blasphemy
LUXOR, Egypt (AP) — An Egyptian court has convicted a Coptic Christian teacher of blasphemy but didn't hand down a prison sentence and only imposed a fine on her.
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Egyptian Christian teacher fined for blasphemy conviction
LUXOR, Egypt – An Egyptian court has convicted a Coptic Christian teacher of blasphemy but didn't hand down a prison sentence and only imposed a fine on her.
June 11, 2013 - Fox News
- Pope Shenouda III in Al-Masry Al-Youm
If everyone got a divorce and looked for a second wife, the Coptic family would lose its moral compass,Shenouda said.
- Zahi Hawass in Christian Science Monitor
I am very proud that I am able to restore not only Pharaonic, but also Islamic and Coptic and Jewish [sites], because all of these are a part of the Egyptian heritage,says Zahi Hawass, secretary-general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities.
- Sam Brownback in Christian Post
We're here to focus on the ongoing persecution of the Coptic community,said Sen. Sam Brownback (R-Kans.), Helsinki commission chairman of the US Copts Association, during a joint press conference Wednesday. "The situation in Egypt has not...