cootie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a parasitic louse that infests the body of human beings
- During World War I the cootie was a joke to many people who had never been bitten by one.
- Three hundred years ago experimental medicine, then in its formative stage, recognized that the body louse ("cootie") carried typhus fever from one person to another.
- Given the thankless task of watching over troops on leave, rounding up stragglers during battle, the Military Police got in the soldiers' hair as incessantly as the cootie.
News & Articles
- Former Oneonta fire chief remembered as role model
Former Oneonta Fire Chief Francis "Cootie" Russo Jr. was remembered by colleagues Monday as a good role model who was passionate about training firefighters and community service.
July 9, 2013 - The Daily Star