- n a stove for cooking (especially a wood- or coal-burning kitchen stove)
- Once, feeling joyful, she led her nuns in an impromptu dance, but she had a born executive's capacity for administrative detail, down to the latest cookstove ("A real treasure .
- Members of the Senate received, by mail, a petition from The Association of Overworked, Underpaid Dishwashing Housewives whose headquarters are "by the cookstove and the cradle .
- In the galley is a cookstove weighing only 110 lb.
News & Articles
- Two student teams win coveted EPA prize
Two Cornell student teams – a cookstove fuel/biochar group and the AguaClara water filtration project – won the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s prestigious People, Prosperity and the Planet (P3) Award June 19. With about 45 teams in the competition, Cornell was the only school with two of the seven winning teams.
July 3, 2013 - Cornell News Service