- n a procession of land vehicles traveling together
- n a collection of merchant ships with an escort of warships
- n the act of escorting while in transit
- v escort in transit
the trucks convoyed the cars across the battle zone
the warships convoyed the merchant ships across the Pacific
- Senior Israeli security sources detail Israel's January raid against a convoy carrying rockets to Hamas militants in Gaza.
- Soldiers located at the rear of the convoy perceived the rapidly approaching vehicle as a threat and executed established escalation of force measures.
- A suicide car bomber attacked an Italian military convoy on a road in Afghanistan's capital Thursday, killing six Italian soldiers and 10 Afghan civilians.
News & Articles
- Convoy of Hope Serves More Than 3,600 Guests of Honor in Kansas City, Mo.
$1 Million in Goods and Services Provided in Single Day (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/convoyofhope/kansascityoutreach2/prweb10823269.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Militants Kill 6 in NATO Convoy Attack in Pakistan
Officials in Pakistan say militants have attacked a NATO convoy in the northwestern part of the country, killing four people. The attack happened Monday near Jamrud, in the Khyber district located along the Afghan border. Officials said at least 15 militants used rockets and automatic weapons to attack trucks carrying supplies for coalition troops in Afghanistan. The attack left several of the ...
June 10, 2013 - Voice of America
- Convoy of Hope unites community in help, fresh starts
The Convoy of Hope event in Swope Park helps to offer free supplies and a chance for a fresh start.
June 9, 2013 - KMBC-TV Kansas City
- Bulent Arinc in Globe and Mail
I strongly condemn the use of force by Israeli military forces on an aid convoy composed of 32 countries, including Turkey,Mr. Arinc said. "This attack must not remain unanswered."
- Simon Taufel in The Age
You tell me why supposedly 25 armed commandos were in our convoy and when the team bus got going again we were left on our own,Taufel said at Sydney airport on his return yesterday.
- President Bush in Forbes
In 2004, they were driving together in the lead gun truck of a convoy in Iraq when their vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb,Bush said. "Brad and Derek made it out, but they suffered burns on their hands and faces. They recovered from their...