- v get over an illness or shock
- But a bout of stomach poisoning breaks Cristina's mood, and she must convalesce the rest of the weekend.
- A fortnight ago he left Manhattan's Misericordia Hospital for California, hoping to convalesce in a convent at Alhambra.
- But sometimes it takes a long time to convalesce.
- Brad Childress in Lionsfans.com
You always listen to the athlete,Childress said. "Those guys are always high competitive guys. He had that bye week to kind of convalesce if you will and treat and he did that. But hamstrings are different and everyone has just got a...
- C Wright Mills in The Nation.
In a letter to Ralph Miliband on January 25, 1961, Mills wrote, "Fidel keeps cabling me to come on down and convalesce in Cuba, and my friend Vallejo......a medical man of real ability, as well as the head of INRA [National Institute of Agrarian...