- s capable of contracting or being contracted
the contractile wings of an insect
- Superconductive fiber and contractile piezoelectrics make for a top-of-the-line PC that's also a kerchief, cravat or shawl.
- Normally the arteriesflexible, elastic, contractile tubes springing directly from the heart as the great aorta and ending far away as tiny arteriolesexpand as the blood .
- He built a large, long, flexible pipe with a contractile device at one end.
News & Articles
- Tension triggers muscle building
( Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry ) Skeletal muscles are built from small contractile units, the sarcomeres. They are connected in a well-ordered series to form myofibrils that span the entire muscle. Contractions of these sarcomeres result in contraction of the respective muscle. Scientists at the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry (MPIB) in Munich-Martinsried recently identified a key ...
March 14, 2014 - EurekAlert!