- n a member of the guerrilla force that opposed a left-wing government in Nicaragua
- The common theme of who owns the Government emerges from the witnesses appearing before the Iran-contra congressional hearings ((NATION, June 15)).
- In the face of damaging Iran-contra testimony, the White House shifts its strategy.
- North's pleas have given new impetus to contra-funding efforts.
News & Articles
- 'Contra Run and Gun' trademarked in US
Konami has submitted a trademark application for Contra Run and Gun . Noticed by NeoGAF user Rösti , the USPTO application points to some new Contra game, but we've yet to hear anything out of Konami at this year's E3 about a new installment in the run and gun franchise. A new Contra was teased back at E3 in 2011 , then again last year with the potential of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow studio ...
June 12, 2013 - Joystiq
- New Contra Game Trademarked
Konami has filed a trademark application for "Contra Run and Gun." Spotted on NeoGAF, the full details of the application can be seen in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) case viewer, though all it really says is that Contra Run and Gun is, indeed, a potential name for a video game. During Konami's pre-E3 presentation last week, the Contra franchise was nowhere to be seen ...
June 12, 2013 - Game Informer
- West Contra Costa school district plans campaign to hike property values
RICHMOND -- Seeking to benefit from the mending housing market, the West Contra Costa school district has hired a media firm to lead a campaign to get the county to raise assessed valuations on properties where they were lowered during the real estate downturn.
June 12, 2013 - The Montclarion
- Benjamin Netanyahu in Sydney Morning Herald
If you think about certain events in my lifetime - McCarthy, Watergate, Iran-contra, this war - if you look underneath it, it is always the same sensibility that creates these conditions. Look at Nixon and his henchmen and what they did in... Robert Redford http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Redford&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE4OYrCvRCWDmd-A7P4LD6KJT3Yvg Seattle Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/entertainment/2003995185_webredford.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEhWqPpcgQbDT85PuOrWYjT7R8Fng Nov 5, 2007
21859 29405 contraband He told his cabinet: The principle guiding our policy is clear: to prevent war material from entering Gaza and to allow the entry of humanitarian aid and non-contraband goods."