contest : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants
- n a struggle between rivals
- v to make the subject of dispute, contention, or litigation
They contested the outcome of the race
- In 2004 I held a contest for poetry about the war in Iraq and published the best of it.
- The opportunities for nonprofit groups to win money through contests are proliferating, adding yet another weapon to charities fund-raising arsenal.
- the new york times win a trip with nick contest official rules.
News & Articles
- The European Venture Contest Energy – Call for 30 emerging energy-focused companies to showcase their high-growth ...
On October 10, European Venture Contest Energy (EVC Energy) will take place at Vitus Bering Innovation Park, in Horsens, Denmark. The event aims to unite 30 promising startups active in the field of renewable energy who will pitch their innovation, developments and needs to a jury of business angels, VCs, and corporate investors. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com ...
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- International L. Ron Hubbard Writers and Illustrators of the Future Contest for Speculative Fiction's Entrant from ...
Contest attributes constant growth to the online entering process and word-of-mouth. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/LRonHubbard/Writersofthefuture/prweb10828449.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Hersheypark Contest Rules June 2013
Contest Rules 1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW. 2. ELIGIBILITY: The “Hersheypark Contest” (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal …
June 11, 2013 - FOX 43 Harrisburg
- David Petraeus in Daily Mail - Charleston
We're engaged in a contest of wills, our enemies are doing all that they can to undermine the confidence of the Afghan people,he said.
- Steve Ballmer in Forbes
didn't agree to a deal by the deadline, Microsoft would "take our case directly to your shareholders, including the initiation of a proxy contest to elect an alternative slate of directors for the Yahoo! board," Ballmer wrote.
- David Plouffe in AFP
As we near victory in one contest, the next challenge is already heating up,Plouffe said. "President (George W.) Bush and Senator McCain have begun coordinating their attacks on Barack Obama in an effort to extend their failed policies for...