- n agreement in the judgment or opinion reached by a group as a whole
the lack of consensus reflected differences in theoretical positions
those rights and obligations are based on an unstated consensus
- At times somethings are better left unsaid and the rights and obligations remain based on an unstated consensus.
News & Articles
- Consensus reached on rail realignment in Michigan City
MICHIGAN CITY — A consensus has been reached on realigning the South Shore railroad tracks in Michigan City in a move aimed primarily at reducing travel times to and from Chicago.
June 14, 2013 - South Bend Tribune
- No tax increases in New Hanover budget draft
Consensus didn't come without some heated conversations
June 14, 2013 - The Wilmington Star-News
- Op-Ed: The Phony ‘Debate’ Over Climate Change
In 2004, Naomi Oreskes published the first analysis examining the scientific consensus on climate change in published peer-reviewed research. She scanned over 900 climate papers from 1993 to 2003 to determine how many papers rejected the proposition that humans caused global warming. Remarkably, she found zero rejection papers. Oreskes’ results were cited in An Inconvenient Truth to demonstrate ...
June 12, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Hindu Business Line
To help achieve democratic reform, we will be engaging directly with Burmese authorities. This is a policy that has broad consensus across our government, and there will be more to report as we go forward,Clinton said told reporters.
- President Bush in Dallas Morning News
As a result, we removed the arbitrary timetables for withdrawal and the restrictions on our military commanders that some in Congress had supported,Mr. Bush said, adding that the bill "reflects a consensus that the Iraqi government needs...
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I am absolutely confident that this meeting will reflect enormous consensus about the need to work in concert to deal with these problems,Obama said.