confirmed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts
his story confirmed my doubts
- v strengthen or make more firm
The witnesses confirmed the victim's account
- v make more firm
- v support a person for a position
The Senate confirmed the President's candidate for Secretary of Defense
- v administer the rite of confirmation to
the children were confirmed in their mother's faith
- s of persons; not subject to change
a confirmed bachelor
a confirmed invalid
- a having been established or made firm or received the rite of confirmation
received confirmed reports of casualties
a confirmed Catholic
News & Articles
- 2 confirmed dead as Black Forest fire continues to grow
DENVER, June 13 (UPI) -- Two people were confirmed dead as the evacuation zone of the Black Forest fire near Colorado Springs was expanded Thursday, officials said.
June 14, 2013 - UPI
- Confirmed tornado in Somonauk; wind damage in Shabonna
A confirmed tornado was reported at Somonauk at 4:56 pm moving east at 30 mph. Wind damage has been reported near Shabonna in DeKalb County- trees and power lines down near Shabonna and Sleepy Hollow roads. Latest updates on our …
June 12, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Confirmed: Halle Berry is Having a Boy!
Pacific Coast News Halle Berry is having a boy! The actress' fiancé Olivier Martinez confirmed the exciting news while speaking with People this week from the Champs-Elysées Film Festival. “My son will be an American, but I remain French,” Martinez said in an interview in Paris. The actor then spoke about the difference between red carpet events in France and America. “I’m French — it’s less ...
June 12, 2013 - Zimbio
- Mike Garrett in ESPN
In the letter -- which was dated July 1 and seen by ESPN -- Garrett wrote that he spoke with Baxter and "he has now confirmed that he did not receive a call from your institution. Therefore, USC has no intention of pursuing this matter further. I...
- Elena Kagan in New Haven Register (subscription)
I will make no pledges this week other than this one,Kagan said, "that if confirmed, I will remember and abide by all these lessons: I will listen hard, to every party before the court and to each of my colleagues. I will work hard. And I...
- John Paul Stevens in USA Today
Having concluded that it would be in the best interests of the Court to have my successor appointed and confirmed well in advance of the commencement of the Court's next Term, I shall retire from regular active service as an Associate Justice,...