- n the spatial property resulting from the arrangement of parts in relation to each other and to the whole
- n musical creation
- v form the substance of
- v write music
- v produce a literary work
- v put together out of existing material
- v calm (someone, especially oneself); make quiet
- v make up plans or basic details for
News & Articles
- Interview: Catching Up with Will Bates
Will Bates breaks down the process of composing for the documentary format. When you think of documentaries, truth and subject matter usually come to mind. While those initial impressions are true, music is crucial to setting the tone.
June 13, 2013 - Topanga Messenger
- WS Community Orchestras’ finale a fitting send off for Reineke
Chief Sealth International High School’s auditorium was filled with the acoustics of composing greats, from Schumann and Shubert of the 1800s to local composer Robert Duisberg, as the West Seattle Community Orchestras performed their final “Spring into Summer” concert of the season and said goodbye to the program’s co-founder and longtime conductor Dr. Toni Reineke. After the Symphony Orchestra ...
June 12, 2013 - West Seattle Herald
- The 9 Most Outrageous Things Kanye West Said in His Latest Interview
(Photo: Getty Images) Kanye West sure makes it hard to love Kanye West. It should be easy — the guy is clearly talented, has an innovative ear when it comes to composing and producing music, and a passion for all things art that's pretty much unparalleled. But every piece of genius that comes from Kanye's brain is usually undermined by some arrogant, self-obsessed, out-of-touch thing that comes ...
June 12, 2013 - Zimbio
- Paul Moravec in Forbes
I am delighted and privileged to participate in the life of this incomparably prestigious institution,Moravec said in a statement. "In addition to directing the IAS concert series, I will be composing my first major opera as well as a new...
- President Bush in Reuters
We will leave behind a strong coalition of more than 90 nations composing almost half the world who are committed to combating terror and sharing intelligence and keeping our citizens safe,Bush told War College students, who are studying...
- Vincent Gallo in Pollstar
Improvisation is not a good word for what we're doing,Gallo said. "It's more a gesture of composing and performing at the same time, always hoping to avoid musical clichÃ© or jamming."