- n a passenger train that is ridden primarily by passengers who travel regularly from one place to another
- n someone who travels regularly from home in a suburb to work in a city
- Metro-North Railroad is a commuter rail service operating under the auspices of New York Citys Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- The application of the income tax would cost about $2,400 a year to a commuter earning $100,000, analysts said, and would be six times as large as the commuter tax that .
- As a veteran Metro-North commuter, I read about the aversion to sitting in the dreaded middle seat with interest.
- Rob Richie in The Associated Press
The mayor's the one who sued Governor (George) Pataki to keep the commuter tax in place. It's the mayor who sued the government of the United States over the line-item veto. The mayor's the one who shows a propensity to want to put in place a legal... Mitt Romney http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHsbJvd1A8Hj2N-SfDDingX9k3-RA Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/10/AR2007101001485.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHtdRIF-qIRiheHAVwWQrOx0keETA Oct 10, 2007
20090 28080 commuter The country's been changing in a lot of places, with minority growth in exurbs and commuter cities, and there will be a realization that those minorities can't elect candidates of choice," Richie said.
- President Bush in Forbes
Well, I go into the bathroom here as I normally do, I'm a commuter through here. I sit down to go to the bathroom and you said our feet bumped. I believe they did because I reached down and scooted over. And the next thing I knew under the bathroom... Larry Craig http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEeTZe2VeSe5Hk1a4GmKv2bmc0LfQ CBS 5 http://www.google.com/url?q=http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_242164246.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGQZw04DRW_rJ6awqXrsedBNBR0kQ Aug 30, 2007
20092 28083 commuting I respect the jury's verdict," Bush said in a statement. "But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive. Therefore, I am commuting the portion of Mr. Libby's sentence that required him to spend thirty months...