colorado : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a state in west central United States in the Rocky Mountains
- n a river in Texas; flows southeast into the Gulf of Mexico
- n an important river in the southwestern United States; rises in the Rocky Mountains of northern Colorado and flows southwest through Utah into Arizona (where it flows through the Grand Canyon) and then southward through the southern tip of Nevada, then forming the border between California and Arizona and finally into Mexico where it empties into the Gulf of California; the main source of water in the southwestern United States
News & Articles
- Colorado rapped for poor regulation of roadside advertising signs
Colorado could lose millions in federal transportation dollars because it does a poor job of regulating huge advertising signs that line the state's roads and highways.
June 16, 2013 - Denver Post
- Colorado fire now most destructive in state history
The deadly wildfire that continues to ravage Colorado Springs has destroyed 473 homes and damaged 17 – making it the most destructive fire in Colorado's history. The fire is reminiscent of the Waldo Canyon Fire, which took place only one year ago and destroyed 346 homes.More than 34,000 homes have been evacuated and the blaze has burned 15,500 acres . The cause of the Black Forest Fire, which ...
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Colorado fire: Is global warming one of the culprits? (+video)
Western wildfires like the Black Forest Fire in Colorado have been increasing in frequency and duration in recent years, burning far more land and with greater intensity. Scientists say climate change is a major factor.
June 15, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Bill Ritter in WHO-TV
In a statement, Ritter says: "Today, Colorado mourns the tragic loss of those killed and injured in two senseless shootings."
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Just this morning, Senator McCain said that he and President Bush 'share a common philosophy.' That's right, Colorado,Obama said in prepared remarks for a rally in Denver. "I guess that was John McCain finally giving us a little straight...
- Sarah Palin in FOXNews
Colorado, it's going to be a hard-fought battle here,Palin said.