colander : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n bowl-shaped strainer; used to wash or drain foods
- Set it over the stew, making sure that the bottom of the colander does not touch the liquid (remove some of the liquid if it does).
- I skimmed the curds off with a slotted spoon into a colander lined with three layers of cheese cloth, folded in the corners and twisted the curd into a ball to wring out the .
- Toss the cucumber with a generous amount of salt and leave in a colander in the sink to wilt for 15 to 30 minutes.
News & Articles
- 7 clever uses for old colanders
Colanders - also called strainers - offer especially excellent potential for creative repurposing.
June 19, 2013 - FOX 6 News Birmingham