- n coins collectively
- n a newly invented word or phrase
- n the act of inventing a word or phrase
- Ed Moy in International Herald Tribune
Metal prices have been fluctuating so wildly in recent years that the Treasury and the United States Mint need the flexibility to react quickly, if necessary, to change the materials used in the nation's coinage,said Mint Director Ed Moy.
- Beck in Politic365 (blog)
I could give a flying crap about the political process. Making money, on the other hand, is to be taken very seriously, and controversy is its own coinage,Beck said in the piece.
- Mark Souder in CNN International
And Souder said, "It is particularly fitting to honor the freedom president on this particular piece of coinage" because he was "wounded under the left arm by a bullet that had ricocheted and flattened to the size of a dime."