cobblers : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n nonsense
I think that is a load of cobblers
- n a man's testicles (from Cockney rhyming slang: cobbler's awl rhymes with ball)
- n a person who makes or repairs shoes
- n tall sweetened iced drink of wine or liquor with fruit
- n a pie made of fruit with rich biscuit dough usually only on top of the fruit
- Harry Redknapp in BBC News
And Redknapp said, "If he wants to go I wouldn't stand in Kanu's way. You don't want unhappy players and I've never tried to keep them here. But I think talk of Australia is just a lot of cobblers, though. I think he wants to stay here. The lad...
- GÃ¡bor Gyepes in Northamptonshire Evening Telegraph
I don't know what will happen,said Gyepes. "At this moment in time I'm very happy at the Cobblers. But my aim is to play in the Championship and if I can't get promoted with Northampton then I will have to look at what clubs are interested...
- Tim Flowers in Clubcall
Flowers told the Coventry Telegraph: "Iain Dowie has been let down whole-heartedly, so I feel sorry for him. He has worked his cobblers off for this football club, as I did as his assistant and, if I was him I would be devastated, I have to say.